Thursday, May 20, 2010

TWMHTHS #6: Dulce de Leche Coffee Goodness!

O my goodness. You are not going to believe this. Think fireworks in your mouth.

Some background. I didn't used to drink coffee until about a year ago. I was too tired in the mornings and being a morning person, I needed some help and finally took the plunge. So I told my wife that I was going to begin to drink coffee by going to an Original Pancake House where I always enjoyed a taste from my wife's mug. Their coffee is something special. You can even buy a bag of it on your way out the door.

Ever since, I've tried a few coffees here and there of different varieties with different flavored creamers. My favorite has been Starbucks Sumatra with Coffee-mate's vanilla creamer (sorry International Delight fans, their creamer tastes too much like chemicals to me). A regular 2 Run HR in my book. But I'm not a coffee nerd so don't think of me as an authority. However, I do know what I enjoy.

So, if I were to look for a Grand Slam in the Coffee realm of food, I have found my new standard. Thanks to my wife, I was introduced to this tasty creation as photographed. So good. Victoria found the Dulce de Leche Coffee recipe from the Pioneer Woman's website where you can now easily see the recipe. I used to think the only good thing Kahlua was good for was my favored character's White Russians. But this, this Dulce de Leche Coffee is fantastic. So creamy smooth. So flavorful. I like the warm coffee right under the lip which is grazed with the cold whip cream topping. It makes for an unbelievable fine desert menu item if you ask me. I just could not recommend this more. Be sure to use dark chocolate shavings too. I think my wife accidentally picked up an almond Hershey bar. But it was still delicious. You just can't argue with a Grand Slam.

By the way, if you can't find the Dulce de Leche try your local Fiesta Mart.

No comments:

Post a Comment