Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Fun With Food

So, tonight I tried to get Charlotte to eat more chunkier foods. I got some raviolis for her and made some carrots, cooking them down so they were nice and soft. I got her all "dressed" in her shirt-style bib to let her have at it. She took two bites and then threw a fit because she didn't want anymore. She cried louder than I had heard her in a long time. After I took a time out and came back to her, cuddled her, and put her back in her high chair, I went ahead and gave her some yogurt to eat. She always loves yogurt. She took a couple bites in between sobs and then wanted to stick her hands in it. She stuck her one hand in and it seemed to make her happier, so I let her just have at it. With this method we finished a carton of yogurt and a carton of baby veggies and pasta, and Mama almost had an anxiety attack because of the mess. But, a bit into it I figured I should make the best of it and laugh instead of cry and just enjoy the moment. Here's a video of the outcome of our evening food smear.


3 comments:

  1. A little birdie told me that clean mamas are happy, but messy babies are happier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Very true. She was one happy baby at Arwen's birthday party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the joys of food and eating with small kids. I know that I'm still cleaning my kitchen several hours a day with my little ones. I do that mostly to keep the ants from coming to feast on the food on the walls, cabinets, floor, high chair, etc. It's a busy life being a mama!!

    ReplyDelete