Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Icepocalypse

I like to refer to the Dallas, TX "Ice Storm of 2011" as the ICEPOCALYPSE. Sounds more dramatic and sensational than even the TV crews can come up with. "It was thundericing the other night! The power was a flickerin', people was having accidents left and right, they almost cancelled the Superbowl, and we almost died or even worse!"

"In other news, Victoria Smith has razed ire for commandeering her nearly 15 month old daughter's pacifier. Mrs. Smith ordered the cease and desist from pacifier usage on account of cabin fever. 'There just was nothing else for me to do,' said the stranded at home mother. 'I'd like to see friends and get out of Dodge but it was just not worth it. Besides, the sliding glass door was frozen shut. So I had to find something to do. I looked around and there it was: my next "mission" was just staring at my face from my daughter's mouth. I just wanted to get a kiss from my daughter that didn't have a pacifier flavor to it anymore.'"

"There you have it folks. That's all for this news hour! From Dallas, TX I'm Pete Smith. Good Day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment