Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Odds and Ends...

Pete: I have resided in Dallas, TX for 7 years now. This has been the most enjoyable autumn colors I have seen. Thursday morning November 5th I remembered to capture a few images of it's beauty before the event that changed my life completely. We were on our way to the scheduled appointment with Victoria's midwife and I just knew it was the day. So here I write the last few odds and ends of childless adulthood that I remember in chronological order, thus setting the stage for the event of events later in the day.

Like I said, I knew it was the day. I snapped a final few poses of Victoria pregnant in our living room.

We left for the midwife appointment and the rear driver's side window of the back seat kept sliding down since the motor was so strong it broke a part that held the window up (I fixed it temporarily with the almighty Duct Tape the next day).

The autumn leaves on Markville heading toward T. I. Blvd were more yellow than other colors.

The Parking meter that is the best ever was open and we parked to use it. A single dime gets you a whole hour of parking. We put 2 dimes in. I was feeling generous. [Victoria: I call it the "Magic Meter".]

After parking, we walk to the Baylor hand in hand as usual, past an elderly housing building. One of the ladies who works there loves to see us walk by as she does some work outside. She said she likes to see us still in love (holding hands).

After the midwife appointment we stopped by a Big Lots! for something. They didn't have it but they did have an eye catching pink Christmas tree.

Turned on the radio to try to distract my wife while she labored in the car. Heard a short clip of Aerosmith's "Sweet Emotion."

That's it, those were my final pre-fatherhood thoughts. Odds and ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment