Monday, November 15, 2010

Charlotte's First Birthday!

Charlotte turned one last week (November 5). I can hardly believe this year has already come and gone. It seems like just yesterday I was so excited for her arrival and waiting not so patiently for her to make her way into this world. So many friends told me to savor each moment I have with her because it all goes by so fast. It does indeed! But I am very glad to say I truly feel I've savored. She is such a joy in our lives and I feel so blessed to get to spend my days with her, seeing each new development as it happens. I could hardly imagine the day she would belly laugh or crawl across the floor to me or even lift up her arms to be held, and now it seems like all those things happen in abundance each day and every time is a delight.


This was the morning of her birthday, getting ready to eat Daddy's birthday breakfast treat - Dunkin Donuts. She's wearing some costume jewelry a friend of ours from church gave us, and she insists on wearing it sash-style.


Opening birthday cards from family and friends.



Opening a pretty pink birthday dress from her Grandma Taylor.



Having fun checking out her new play kitchen from Grandma and Grandpa Smith.








Pete grilling hot dogs and burgers at the park for Charlotte's birthday party.








Charlotte enjoying her first birthday cupcake.


1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Charlotte, that year did go fast. She really liked that cupcake. Enjoy all the things to come.

    ReplyDelete