Friday, October 30, 2009

While I wait....

I've been trying to fill up the days I've been waiting for baby to come. Today is now six days past my due date and it seems that each day I get a bit more anxious and ready for the birth. A little more irritable and antsy, having a difficult time sitting still for too long. Last week I didn't feel completely ready and now as we near our first week past due, the readiness is definitely setting in.

It seems that my "nesting instinct" is manifesting itself in the form of cooking and baking, much to my husband's enjoyment. He's been on the hunt for the perfect pizza and up to this point we've yet to find anything nearing perfect here in Dallas. So, he suggested I try to find a recipe for Giordino's (famous Chicago pizza joint) pizza crust and try my hand at making it at home. Yesterday I did just that and it turned out surprisingly good. It was a much thinner crust than the original, but had a flaky, almost biscuit-like quality. I made his 3/4 with ground beef and cheese and my 1/4 with fresh mushrooms, spinach, pineapple. It turned out to be a big hit. While the dough was rising I also made a homemade chocolate cake with his grandma's famous Italian icing - a special icing recipe I'll include in his next post. If this baby takes much longer, we'll have to open a bake shop to get rid of all the extra food I've been making.

I'm trying to continue to be patient as I wait for this little one to come into our lives. It's not the easiest thing I've done and definitely testing my faith more than I've been tested in some time now. Growing faith is a difficult thing. (Mat 8: 23-27)

No comments:

Post a Comment