Monday, September 28, 2009

What do I have in common with this?

I work in a business district in Farmer's Branch Texas. One of the adjacent buildings to my company is a shop that repairs Volkswagens. Occasionally you'll see some new cars and old cars. However, there is one vehicle that has been parked out back for a week or so now that just screams for your attention (apparently advertising for Freeb!rds World Burritos):

Your eyes do not deceive you. That really is the Statue of Liberty doing her thing, which happens to be joy riding a motorcycle and "There's a beverage here!"
Could this be my mother-in-law's boyfriend's (FYI his name is Peter and my mother-in-law's name is Victoria... you really can't make this up) former VW Bus? He has recently stopped using it.... and I wonder if he's ok with it being used for commercial purposes?

Now that the The State Fair of Texas (a.k.a "the State Gyp" as I like to refer to it) is open, maybe Crazy Liberty will make an appearance and give Big Tex a run for his money! There's a match made in heaven!

Speaking of matches made in heaven, I just want to give a big thanks to the one who hooked my wife and I up... permanently. It's been a great 3.5 years of marriage and 5 years of kissing and hand holding... and we all know what hand holding leads to don't we?

This reminds me of the details of the story I was trying to recall to my wife yesterday: Shortly after becoming more official in our relationship toward one another, Victoria and I went to the State Fair of Texas. Soon after we entered the Fair Grounds holding hands, I ran into one of my good friends, Steve Brown, and his new wife Jennifer. Steve and Jen were so stunned when we met them. I distinctly remember their jaws dropping and their eyes widening. They had no idea I had begun to date Victoria.

I met with Steve and some other guys for a few years at church and for a weekly breakfast prior to this encounter at the State Fair. After greeting one another, the story goes, Jennifer verbally elbowed Steve and asked why he had not told her I was dating. Steve was totally caught off guard too. He didn't know about us. Jennifer asked him, "Don't you guys talk about these kinds of things at breakfast?"

The answer is, we didn't talk about it. We had other topics of discussion. But dating was not one of them over the usual homemade waffles. Last night I was trying to recount the story but totally forgot most details. Thanks Freebird VW Bus for helping me remember it.

And for you ladies who wonder, we guys don't talk about much when we play poker either.

Wish me luck at the table tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment